The following information provides a summary of the services that are provided with for University students.
Welfare, Wellbeing and Academic Support
- Some parents like the security of appointing a guardian for their child when they attend university in the UK and understand that when they reach 18 years of age they may no longer require this. We recognise that many children studying at university wish to have a certain level of independence and our university service reflects this ethos, ensuring that you as a parent have peace of mind that in an emergency your child will have somewhere to turn to for support.
- A cost-effective service that allows flexibility to add additional services that you may require on an adhoc basis
- Ensuring that your child settles into university life assisting with any issues that may arise
- The initial visit will be made if your child requests this
- Additional visits can be arranged on request and will be charged at £50 per visit plus travel expenses. It should be noted that our staff will often visits universities and colleges more regularly than this on an ad hoc basis and will always take these opportunities to meet your child informally.
- Regular email and or telephone contact with students/parents/university as appropriate
- College Guardians operates a 24 hour on-call emergency service during university term time. If your child plans to stay in the UK during the university holidays, we request that you inform us of the full arrangements that have been made for your child.
- If at anytime a host family stay is required an arrangement fee of £125 will be charged in addition to host family charges
Disbursement: £500 which will be held in an account for your child and used when necessary or for emergencies. An account statement will be sent to you at the end of each term and we will request additional funds if the balance of this account falls below £300.
Should you have any additional requests please do contact us, we will be very happy to help.